I paid a quick visit to the Orchid Farm with my family last year and guess what,
Orchids are one of the best plants out there!
These plants are easy to grow and they don't need mud nor much water to survive.
Going easy on those clean indoors, I see!
All they need is some coal to get planted in and our job is done!
They grow indoors, or in shady places, well-protected from the sun and all they need is a sprinkle of love... Oh, and a tad bit of water to survive.
We could also use other special products to make them look better.
These flowers care for their skin, apparently and are a real beauty for the house!
We found these in the Orchid Farm near the Ideal Beach Resort, where they are sold for a considerably good price!
The orchid genus is old, widespread and diverse. They grow naturally all over the world (except in Antarctica) and are a favorite among horticulturists.
1. Orchids are masters of deception and make insects mistake them for mates - to commence pollination.
2. Orchids have a symmetry similar to human faces, which is- the bilateral symmetry.
3.Orchids can be upto a hundred years old, and their seeds are the size of dust particles.
4. There are more than 25,000 documented species of orchid, and scientists are finding more every day.
5. The well-known 'Vanilla' plant is a species of orchid.
6. Orchids come in different colours, fragrances, shapes and sizes! Just like shoes that are hard to choose from...
Credits: A big thanks to Mr. Haseeb Modi for contributing the first image for this post.
Please do visit his forum sometime- http://www.indianastronomer.net/forum/index.php